Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Some more catching up to do...

Slacker.

Yep, that's me.

How bad that I have to go through my Facebook status updates to find all the funny things the kids say. There are a LOT of them!

12/27:
D: Mommy, I'm the same age as some of my friends, but I'm just a little bit taller.
Me: That's because you have a tall daddy.
D: No, it's because I have big toes.
Me: What's that have to do with it?
D: It all goes up from there!

12/22:
I was getting the kids cereal this morning and put out a Tony the Tiger bowl and a Toy Story bowl. Dominic said, "I get the Tony the Tiger one!" I made sure he really did prefer it over Toy Story -- and he did!

Also this morning, I gave the kids an upcoming promotional cereal. Amara took one bite, hesitated, gave me a questioning look, and said, "Mommy, this kind of tastes like *a not-to-be-named-competitive-cereal*" and she started to put it down. I said, "Don't worry, it's not!" She said, "Oh good, because I like it!"

I'm raising them right!

12/19:
D: Mommy, I see a wishing star!
Me: What did you wish for?
D: I can't tell you. (pause) Well, I wished for something for our whole family.
Me: What?
D: I wished for a reindeer!
Me: Where would we keep it?
D: In the garage!

12/19:
Heading to Fayetteville Square to see the "shivering" lights. We can't convince Dominic they're really "shimmering."

12/18:
We got some cash in the mail today, so Jon and Dominic were looking at it. Jon showed Dominic a picture of the White House and told him that Barack Obama lived there. Then he read the rest of the words on it. When he read "In God We Trust," Dominic said, "We need to show THAT to Barack Obama." Smart kid.

12/12:
Both kids asked for reindeer from Santa. Live ones. Now how will I pull that one off?

12/8:
Amara's bedtime prayer: Dear God. You are so great and mighty, I just want to give you two thumbs up and a high five.

12/5:
D: Mom, my poop is a bullet.
Me: What!?
D: My poop is a bullet.
Me: What are you talking about?
D: I'm shooting bullets down into the water and there's bombs in it.

12/5:
D: Mom, is Bethlehem a real town?
Me: Yes.
D: Can we go there some day? And Nevada?

11/24:
Amara: Guess how much money I have?
D: A billion.
Amara: No. Less.
D: Two
That's quite the range!

11/19:
According to Amara, "It feels like the Antarctic out here!" It's 34. She also thought the frost on the window was a result of  snow storm. Have I got southern kids or what!?

11/13:
Amara: Mommy, you wanna know something really sad? They (the pilgrims) had to go pee and poop in pots and throw it in the water. Isn't that sad?

10/23:
Amara: That was called cheating Dominic!
Dominic: Well that's how I play!

No comments: