Friday, May 14, 2010

I Don't Feel Well

On Sunday afternoon, I gave Dominic a haircut. He was LONG overdue, so a complete buzz cut was quite a drastic difference. He wanted to look like daddy! So we went all the way short -- to the point where his teacher now calls him Mr. Clean.

Last night he used his haircut to support his latest stalling tactic.

Seriously...I thought I was a master staller. But I might have to concede defeat to this kid. (Mom, I'll let you be the judge.)

After the kids had been put to bed, Jon and I went downstairs. I heard the pitter patter of little feet, Dominic crying, and then his voice at the top of the stairs, "Mama, I don't feel well."

Knowing his history of stalling, I didn't move from my seat, and instead yelled upstairs, "What hurts?"

His response, sobbing all the while, "My hair...where you cut it."

Oh boy...

No comments: