We didn't have a lot going on this week. I think we were all in recovery mode. On Tuesday we took the 11 hour drive from Grandma and Grandpa's home -- with a stop midway to pick up Daddy at the airport. We were wiped out!
One thing we discovered recently was that Amara could very closely mimic the many cardinals singing in our backyard. Her version (which I need to record on video), basically sounds like a very high-pitched, "Howdy, Howdy, Cheep, Cheep, Cheep!"
She loves talking to the birds, so we decided to use the bird feeder that we inherited in our back yard.
Yes, filling it was quite the messy process. Lesson learned: poor slowly!
Once we got the bird feeder rehung, I asked the kids to take a nice picture by it. I couldn't get them to move from these poses, so apparently they define "nice picture" for the kids. The funny thing about Amara's pose: I'd never seen her do the cross-the-arms thing before. But today at day care, I saw her in the same pose in a picture, with a goofy picture directly below it. I asked her what she's doing -- she said, "They told us to make silly faces." Then I asked about the other picture, where she was the only one with her arms anywhere but by her side. Apparently that picture was the nice picture -- and her crossing her arms was how she poses for a nice picture!
Once we got the bird feeder up, we just chilled out on the deck.
Dominic got these cool books for his birthday from Aunt Barb. There are 4 of them: Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and I'm a Little Tea Pot. Each book begins with the rhyme we all know, but then goes onto several more verses that all fit the tune of the songs. They're SO cute. My favorite is Baa Baa Black Sheep. The kids LOVED to read and sing along with the new twists on their favorite songs.
So nothing too wild and crazy this week... but sometimes, that's the best medicine!
And I should add -- that while we were "playing" with the birdseed and reading, Jon was slaving over tearing out the flooring. So I guess only a few of us truly relaxed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How fun! Those books sound neat.
Thank you for your sweet comments on my dress & wedding! It was the most amazing day and I am so happy we chose to get married 'away'! Love your blog and reading about your sweet babies!
Post a Comment