Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Compliments Abound

As we were getting ready for bed last night, Amara said, "Mr. Brian told me I looked lovely today." I said that was great and asked how it made her feel. She, of course, said, "Good."

I then explained to her, "That's called a compliment -- it's when someone says something nice to you. And it makes you feel good. That's a nice thing to say to your friends -- it makes them feel good."

So Amara was digesting all that, and the big new word. Then I explained to her that when someone pays her a compliment, she should respond with "Thank you," and then perhaps compliment them on something you like such has their hair or their shirt or something. (And of course, I'm thinking -- oh please, don't ever say, thank you... I don't like your whatever...)

Then Amara says, "So I should say, 'Miss Bridget, I like your panties!'"

Um.... no....

No comments: