Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Ride into Work

You know how people say that the ride to and from work/school with your kids can be some of the most valuable times/conversations of the day? I hope that will be true.


Here are this mornings conversations on the way into work -- it's a 20 minute ride. I think I need to make the most of them...


A: I hate...
Me: That's not a good thing to say -- what don't you like?
A: I hate...
Me: Amara, we shouldn't say that... what don't you like?
A: I hate waiting for Daddy.


Yep. Me, too. Can't really argue with that logic!


Then we were finding all the red lights and green lights. Amara always plays "Red light, Stop! Green light, Go!" as we're walking through the stores. This time, she was asking why they were green not red. Dominic pipes up, "No Top! No Top!" He's getting it!


As we're driving into Day Care, Amara starts telling me about the guitar at Day Care -- at least I think that's where it's at. I'm not really sure how she got on the subject of guitars. Anyway...

Me: Can you play the guitar?
A: No. I don't know how to play the kittar.
Me: Me neither. It would be fun to learn though. Maybe I can teach you how to play piano - I know how to play piano.
A: You can play pah-panno. I play kittar. Dommick can play the sigh-a-phone.

Sounds like a regular family band!

No comments: