OK, there has been a lot that has happened since the last post. I can't even begin to remember it all, so unfortunately much will be lost. I'll have to be OK with that.
Anyway, Christmas was great, and then we moved the next week. The move went smooth (so far). The kids and I have been camping on air mattresses in "the fishing house" since January 7. Jon came for a 4 day weekend over MLK day. He'll be here permanently late on Thursday night. Yay!
The kids have gotten adjusted to their new school. It's not Sandy, but Ms. Angela and Ms. Jay Jay are good women who love the kids. Actually, everyone loves them.
Amara has been working very hard on potty training. It's still hit and miss (literally), but we had an actual victory on Saturday (26th). YAY!
Dominic has charmed the socks off everyone at the school. Literally as we leave, all the older boys and girls come up and say, "Bye Dominic." One teacher told me that everyone is just drawn to him. He's such a happy and engaging kid.
Our furniture arrives the 4-5 of February, so once that happens, we can figure out our new "life as normal." And hopefully then I'll also be able to do a better job of keeping up here. Life as a single parent is SO challenging! I'm so thankful for Jon.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment