Anyway, I've once again fallen behind in documenting some of the crazy stuff, so we'll play some more catch up.
October 9: Go Vikings!
Jon was selected to receive the "Horizon Award" from our Alma Mater. As a result, our family got to ride in our school's Homecoming Parade. We were in a 1959 Austin Princess Limousine, which meant it wasn't convertible. Awesome car though! Anyway, Jon wasn't about to stick his head out the window. The kids, however, had no problem doing so. For the entire parade route, much to the delight of the crowd, Dominic shouted out, "Go Vikings! Go Vikings!" I do believe he was the hit of the parade.
October 9: Little Negotiator
Once we were done on the parade, we went to watch the rest of it. A balloon artist was handing out balloon Viking helmets. She had them pre-made, and apparently didn't have enough, so she gave the kids one to share. She handed it to Dominic, who was sporting his mohawk. Amara turned to him and said, "Dominic, if you wear that, no one will see your mohawk and tell you how cool it is. You don't want that, do you?" He took it off and handed it to her. Slick move!
October 11: Shocking!
Yikes. Made a shocking discovery today. You know those child-proof lids? Yeah... not so childproof. Dominic is quite adept at removing the lid. He may even do it more easily than I do.
October 14: Mini Dentists
The kids had to go to the dentist today. He took quite some time to come into the room after the hygienist was done, so the kids got to exploring. Dominic was in the chair and Amara pretended to be his dentist. Then they traded roles. The only bad thing about that -- Dominic had been watching the hygienist very closely. I was quite worried that he'd push a button and send her chair soaring -- or push a different one and drench her! (He didn't.)
October 19: Piano Practice
Amara started piano lessons a month ago. She's playing beginner, 3-note songs with silly words, such as "What a happy melody..." During practice, she stopped mid-song, slouched her shoulders and pouted, "I don't like these songs! Why can't I play Jesus songs?" So we wrote our own words in the book! She was very concerned that Mrs. Barbara would be upset that she wrote in her book. She's the church pianist, so I doubt she will. If that's what it takes for her to practice, I'll happily write "Jesus song" words to all her songs! Not to mention -- so thankful she prefers Jesus songs anyway!
October 23: Overheard
Amara: That was called cheating, Dominic!
Dominic: Well... that's how I play!
No comments:
Post a Comment