I took the kids to "Hotel For Dogs" yesterday as a way to break up the "home time" while Jon's away. I was a bit worried that their attention wouldn't be kept, because it's not animated. Dominic got a bit fidgety, but was good. Amara was a bit sidetracked by the popcorn and pop, but was captivated by the movie.
This is going to be a bit of a spoiler, so if you intend to watch the movie but don't want to find out parts of the plot, don't read anymore.
Amara absolutely loves animals, and particularly dogs. She really got caught up in the movie and the storyline. She loved the dogs, thought the Dog Catchers were the "bad guys" (I had to correct her, because she thought they were police officers -- definitely don't want her thinking they're the bad guys!). She was just really into the movie.
Probably 3/4 of the way through the movie, the Dog Catchers raid the Dog Hotel and take all the animals away. Amara was devastated and was just sobbing in the theater. She knew that she was supposed to be quiet in there though, so she was trying to hard to stifle it. Of course, that made her cries come out like sad little whines. I felt so bad for her. I tried to tell her that it'll be ok, that the kids would save the dogs (I had also read a spoiler). But it wasn't convincing her.
She kept crying out, "It's not fair! That's not what I wanted to happen!" Thankfully, it had a happy ending -- and an ending that made Amara happy, too.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment